SCDP OFFICE, 318 S. Hamilton
NOTE: Because Saginaw County is divided between the 4th and 5th U.S. Congressional Districts, we must hold separate conventions for each. These will take place at the same time in different areas of the SCDP office.
WHO RECEIVES NOTICE OF COUNTY CONVENTIONS:
- Members of SCDP/MDP (via announcement through SCDP list serve). To be eligible to vote, your membership must be in place on or before July 10, 2014.
- Precinct Delegates*
- Elected Officials*
- Nominees for County Offices and State Legislative Office*
*Precinct delegates, elected officials and candidates whose memberships are not in place on or before July 10, 2014 may become members (and eligible to vote) by paying dues when they register at the County Convention.
PURPOSE OF COUNTY CONVENTION:
1. Elect Members and Alternates of State Convention Committees:
- Committees: Credentials, Rules, Platform
- Because Saginaw County is only part of both the 4th and 5th Congressional Districts, we cannot have representatives from both 4th and 5th Districts on every Committee. If you are interested in any of these, please contact me at email@example.com prior to the convention or be ready to speak up and place your name in nomination at the convention.
- In order to be elected to a State Convention Committee, a person must be a member of the MDP at least thirty (30) days prior to August 9, or by July 12, 2014.
- The Congressional District Chair will have the final approval of appointments to State Convention Committees, taking into consideration balancing by gender. Any names from the County Convention of members/alternates will be submitted to the Congressional District Chair for approval.
2. Consider resolutions for forwarding to the State Convention Platform Committee:
- Some suggestions for topics:
- Gov. Snyder's war against charity poker games and balance of power among executive, legislative and judicial branches.
i. Dream Act - avenue to citizenship
ii. Treatment of undocumented minors from Central America
- If you have suggestions, come prepared with details to present or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org before the convention
Questions/Comments? Judi Lincoln cell phone: 989-274-1581 or email@example.com.
STATE DEMOCRATIC NOMINATING CONVENTION WILL TAKE PLACE ON AUGUST 23-24, LANSING CENTER, LANSING.